Here are a few of our customers most frequently asked questions:
- Why can’t anyone make a flat roof that doesn’t leak? (Actually, it was more like, “Whoever invented flat roofs should be shot!”)
Our Answer: We can change your mind about flat roofs. A good roof is one that you can forget about, and we’ve been building flat roofs that don’t leak for over 30 years.
- I don’t know who to listen to. Every contractor has a different roofing system and they’re all “the best”. How do I know which one is really the best for me?
Our Answer: We repair or replace more flat roofs than anyone else in West Michigan – well over 1,500 flat roofs each year – so we see exactly how roofs perform, and what goes wrong to make them fail. This puts us in the best position to know which roofing system will perform best in your specific situation and to design the flaws out of every roof we do.
- I know my building needs more insulation, but every contractor has a different opinion on how much to add. How do I know whether I’m paying extra to add insulation I don’t need, or not adding enough?
Our Answer: Our Ultimate Insulation Program is a web-based computer energy modeling program that allows us to calculate the payback for various R-values in order to determine the optimum insulation for your roof.
- Why is it that I always end up paying a lot more than the bid because of “changes in the work” that weren’t included in the quote?
Our Answer: We do a free Infra Red or Nuclear scan on every roof to pinpoint the hidden causes of leaks and the wet insulation, thereby eliminating surprises and saving you thousands of dollars.
- I have a warranty on my roof, yet somehow every time someone comes out to fix my leaks I end up getting charged because “it wasn’t covered”.
Our Answer: Over 35% of the leak calls reported to our Service Department are not actually roof leaks, they are leaks in rooftop equipment, drains, walls, etc. We will not charge to determine the true cause of whatever appears to be a roof leak, and if we can, we’ll even help you fix it.
- It always seems to take anywhere from several days to over a week before I can get someone out to fix my leaks. Why can’t I get good service?
Our Answer: We will respond within 2 hours to any emergency leak, 24-7-365. We will respond within 48 hours to any non-emergency leak
- What is your service area?
Our Answer: Outside of Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, we have recently done work in the following areas: Ada, Alaska, Alpine, Alto, Belding, Belmont, Benton Harbor, Byron Center, Caledonia, Casnovia, Cassopolis, Cedar Springs, Coldwater, Dowagiac, East Grand Rapids, Freeport, Fremont, Galesburg, Gaylord, Gobles, Grand Haven, Grand Rapids, Grandville, Greenville, Hastings, Holland, Hopkins, Howard City, Hudsonville, Ionia, Kent City, Kentwood, Lansing, Lawton, Lowell, Marcellus, Mattawan, Middleville, Midland, Muskegon, Nashville, Otsego, Paw Paw, Quincy, Reed City, Rockford, Roseville, Sand Lake, Sparta, Spring Arbor, St. Joseph, Standale, Taylor, Troy, Walker, Wayland, Woodland, Wyoming and Ft. Wane, IN. We are willing to go where we are needed, and can be competitive when we get there.